Extra Curricular Provision
In line with our vision of ‘Excellence, Every Child, Every Day’ we aim to offer a wide range of extra-curricular activities for our pupils. These are delivered with a view to increasing the experiences that children have, enabling them to make informed choices for adult life. Applications for places in clubs will be on a first come first served basis. After one term there will be a new selection process to enable as many children as possible the opportunity to access each club. However, where there are clubs which involve a selection process in representing the academy at competition level (e.g. football team), the final places will be selected at the discretion of the club leader.
By encouraging participation in extra-curricular activities we:
- Enable children to sample a range of activities and pursuits that will help them choose leisure activities for adult life
- Enable children to have fun and enjoy a broad range of activities
- Enable children to extend their enjoyment of particular areas of learning through more in- depth study and activity.
- Encourage children to develop friendships between age groups and work together cooperatively.
Clubs and Provision Offered
We currrently offer the following clubs and provision at Harris Primary Academy Mayflower:
- Breakfast Club (daily charge- please book at Reception)
- After School Cub (daily charge- please book at Reception)
- Year 1 Maths/ English Boosters
- Year 2 Maths/ English Boosters
- Year 3 Maths/ English Boosters
- Chess Club (Year 3)
- Football Club (Reception to Year 3)
- Gymnastics (Reception to Year 3)
- Multisports (Reception to Year 3)
- Choir (Year 2 and Year 3)
- Violin lessons (Reception summer term to Year 3)
- Drumming lessons (Reception summer term to Year 3)
- Keyboard lessons (Reception summer term to Year 3)
If you are interested in your child attending any of the above clubs, please contact Jamie Williams at the office or call 0203 772 4588