Download our FREE smartphone app today!
- News & Events
- Harris Primary Academy Mayflower rated by Ofsted as 'Outstanding' across all areas
Harris Primary Academy Mayflower rated by Ofsted as 'Outstanding' across all areas
Posted on July 9th 2017
Harris Primary Academy Mayflower rated 'Outstanding' in first Ofsted!
Harris Primary Academy Mayflower has been rated ‘outstanding’ across all categories in its first Ofsted report
Inspectors were impressed by the high standards and happy atmosphere of our school, describing it as “harmonious”. The report said:
- “All staff set high expectations and share a strong determination to help pupils achieve as successfully as possible. Pupils mirror this resolve and make every effort to meet these expectations.”
- “The inspiring curriculum is highly successful in widening pupils’ experiences and stimulating pupils’ interests and engagement.”
- “The school has excellent systems and support in place to help pupils and their families who need extra help. This ensures that the school’s welfare and care of pupils is outstanding.”
- “Pupils are regularly challenged to extend and deepen their thinking and, consequently, improve their learning.”
- “Pupils are proud to be at Mayflower. They wear their uniforms with pride. They aspire to the high standards all adults set for them.”
- “Pupils are respectful and listen very attentively to each other. Staff are excellent role models and pupils respond thoughtfully to each other and to all adults.”
Katie Hanley, Principal, said:
“It is wonderful to see the hard work of our pupils, parents, governors and staff recognised – the report shows we are living up to the academy’s vision of ‘Excellence, Every Child, Every Day’ .
“I am delighted that the inspectors recognised the happy, hard-working and inclusive nature of our school. For a brand new and growing school, this is a huge achievement and I would like to thank the whole school community and the Harris Federation for their support and dedication, without which our school would not have had such an excellent start.
“As we near the end of our first year on our permanent site, we are excited for all that the future holds for our school and I’m confident that we will build on the success of this report as we continue to provide an excellent education for hundreds of local families.”