PSHE Education provides opportunities for children and young people to reflect on and clarify their own values and attitudes and explore the complex and sometimes conflicting range of values and attitudes they encounter now and in the future. It is taught within a safe and positive environment where a learning agreement has been developed in consultation with the class. This includes setting clear ‘ground rules at the start of each lesson. Timetabled lessons, with the expectation of 3 quality lessons per half term.
The lessons are well structured with clear learning outcomes and a range of teaching and learning strategies, which encourage active learning including discussions and role-plays. We ensure that resources used to deliver PSHE are sensitive to ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, faith, ability and culture and do not portray stereotypical images.
The curriculum offered is based on three core themes within which there is broad overlap and flexibility:
Core theme 1. Health and Wellbeing
Core theme 2. Relationships
Core theme 3. Living in the Wider World.
Some useful websites:
- BBC PSHE- http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/websites/4_11/site/pshe.shtml
- Young Minds – UK charity championing wellbeing and mental health of young people www.Youngminds.org.uk
- Road Safety resource https://www.think.gov.uk/education-resources/
- Hectors world E-safety https://www.thinkuknow.co.uk/5_7/hectorsworld/
- Captain Kara and Winston’s SMART https://www.childnet.com/resources/the-adventures-of-kara-winston-and-the-smart-crew
Think U know E-Safety for parents https://www.thinkuknow.co.uk/Parents/
Pauline Mburu- PSHE Leader
|PSHE and Drugs Education Policy 2018||30th Apr 2018||Download|
|New Harris Primary Curriculum 2019||16th Sep 2019||Download|
|Year 1 Curriculum Overview Autumn 1||16th Sep 2019||Download|
|Year 2 Curriculum Overview Autumn 1||16th Sep 2019||Download|
|Year 3 Curriculum Overview Autumn 1||16th Sep 2019||Download|
|Year 4 Curriculum Map Autumn 1||16th Sep 2019||Download|
|Year 5 Curriculum Overview Autumn 1||16th Sep 2019||Download|