Extra Curricular Provision
In line with our vision of ‘Excellence, Every Child, Every Day’ we aim to offer a wide range of extra-curricular activities for our pupils. These are delivered with a view to increasing the experiences that children have, enabling them to make informed choices for adult life. Applications for places in clubs will be on a first come first served basis. After one term there will be a new selection process to enable as many children as possible the opportunity to access each club. However, where there are clubs which involve a selection process in representing the academy at competition level (e.g. football team), the final places will be selected at the discretion of the club leader.
By encouraging participation in extra-curricular activities we:
- Enable children to sample a range of activities and pursuits that will help them choose leisure activities for adult life
- Enable children to have fun and enjoy a broad range of activities
- Enable children to extend their enjoyment of particular areas of learning through more in- depth study and activity.
- Encourage children to develop friendships between age groups and work together cooperatively.
Clubs and Provision Offered
We currrently offer the following clubs and provision at Harris Primary Academy Mayflower:
- Breakfast Club (daily charge- please book at Reception)
- After School Cub (daily charge- please book at Reception)
- Year 1 Maths/ English Boosters
- Year 2 Maths/ English Boosters
- Year 3 Maths/ English Boosters
- Chess Club (Year 2 & 3)
- Football Club (Year 1 to Year 3)
- Multisports (Year 1 to Year 3)
- Choir (Year 3)
- Violin lessons (Years 1 to 3)
- Drumming lessons (Year 1 to 3)
- Keyboard lessons (Year 1 to Year 3)
If you are interested in your child attending any of the above clubs, please contact Jamie Williams at the office or call 0203 772 4588